The 2011 Tour de France kicked off this weekend to a great start. Unfortunately not all of us get to work from home during the week and watch it live on TV. So, to make do we use the internet and anything else that can help bring us closer to the race. And this is something the Tour de France organisers, along with sponsor SKODA, have cottoned onto. They have launched the Official Tour de France Application powered by ŠKODA.
According to the Google Android App Store:
This is a must-have for cycling fans this July to stay up to date with the race as it happens. Get LIVE minute-by-minute race updates, real-time GPS Tracking of where the riders and breakaways are on the course, and after the race access highlight videos, daily race results and standings.
The main features of the app are:
• LIVE Minute-by-Minute Race Updates and Breakaway Tracking
• LIVE GPS Tracking showing the location of the race on the map and race profile
• Highlight videos of every stage (streaming over 3G and Wifi)
• Results and daily standings for each stage
• Photos from each stage and Tour de France Twitter feed.
• Rider profiles
• Detailed profiles of all stages and categorized climbs
And here are a few screen grabs of the app in action:
So, to get your hands onto the official app, click one of the following:
UPDATE: the new ‘Official Game for The Tour de France’ on Android and Blackberry can now be found here.